Thursday, February 16, 2006


Rian is 10 months old this week!!

And my little guy is moving fast from babyhood into toddlerdom... just this past Monday (1 day short of being 10 months), he decided if I wasn't going to hand him the phone, he was gonna to get up on all fours and get it himself. Crawling!! So soon!! Ack! Ok, ok, I get no sympathy from Sam's Mom Tammy as the dudes are the same age and Sam was tearing around 2 months ago...

See the phone itself isn't enough - he's making calls too! Now we keep most of our phones unplugged for fear of having to spend his college fund on calls to Somalia... I think its been keeping him up at night worried about the continuing anarchy there...

Oh yes, behind those pearly blue eyes Rian is thinking, "Pity the fool who tries to stop me chowing down on some wires or sucking on the remote batteries"... you guessed it, not only are we getting attitude from our bundle of joy but we're seeing some substantive flaws in our child-proofing efforts.

Just this week I've 'saved' Rian from baby clippers, dog treats, a heavily loaded power bar, a waste bin full of treasures and other bits of crude his little magnetic fingers attract. Something tells me I'll look back on his first 10 months as the 'easy days'...

But what can I say, Rian is still his wonderful charming self - he loves watching the bigger kids at the Eastside Family Place, he has started waving and pointing, he smiles at every stranger who smiles at him, he loves having screaming matches (he screams, you scream, he screams... repeat 50x), he plays tug-of-war with Nova the dog, he hasn't let me finish reading him a book yet as its more fun to open and close the book, he laughs a lot, he still waves his spatulas around madly, and wow, it feels like he's graced this earth for a lot longer than 10 months!

Our friend Anne-Marie (other Sam's Mom) said it best, "life before him was easier, life with him is better."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home