Friday, June 16, 2006


The Decks of Hazard....

Ok, sorry 'bout the title but its kinda accurate - I was hoping to re-stain the crumbling deck in our backyard and then maybe get a new one built next year.

As I was getting my lil' bro Kyle to help me move the BBQ, he suddenly disappeared!!

We don't think the deck was that old (maybe 10 years), but wasn't well constructed.

Like they didn't use concrete, rather stuck a main post into the soil about 2 inches deep. And the wood was completely rotted through as I don't think it was protected before we moved in.

So we now have Kyle re-building us a much larger, and safer, deck! And he's doing a pretty awesome job too... ok, gardener he's not as seen here burying my flowers to make way for concrete...

Rian's been loving all the action going on! All the tools, all the 'whacking', all the dirt inside the house to crawl around in!

Here he is admiring the superior skill and craftmanship of his Uncle.



But when the going gets tough, the tough go to the dog's cage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home