Wednesday, June 07, 2006



Pictures from Rian's early months!

Rian and I were on the skytrain today and he was a total superstar, smiling at all of the other passengers and then loving it when they smiled back at him!

My son! It got me thinking to last year when I had a new little baby.

My 'fake-it-til-you-make-it' philosophy of parenting.

How grateful I felt that Rian was healthy and growing well! At 4 weeks old, I took him to the doctor's because I didn't think he cried enough!

How lucky I felt that I lived in the Commercial Drive area of East Vancouver where the under 6 months baby group had 40+ new parents.

In a 2 block radius of our house, there are 5 other babies within 3 months of Rian's age, including the wonderful Sams who are a few weeks apart.

As Rian's lovely, sometimes stubborn, friendly, poor sleeper yet mostly cheerful personality emerged in those first 3 months, I was overwhelmed and amazed.
"Babies don't need friends, Mommies need friends" is so true!

Extraodinary little guy we have, eh?!

1 Comments:

Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Hey Kris - thanks for posting these early pictures of Rian before I knew you guys! It's so neat to see - I totally see the Rian of today in those photos!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home